Tuition changes every year. Below are the tuition rates for 2013-14. In addition to tuition and the $500 reservation fee for new students, there are class activity fees which vary by grade.
Tuition payment options at Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston:
- A one time payment of 100% of tuition and fees, paid directly to the school on or before July 1
- Two payments with 50% of tuition and fees due in July and 50% due in December, in accordance with the terms of the Payment Agreement with FACTS Management Company.
- Ten equal payments of tuition and fees beginning in July, ending in May, and excluding March, in accordance with the terms of the Payment Agreement with FACTS Management Company.
For more information, please contact our Business Office at 617-630-4521.
Online Re-enrollment for 2013 – 2014
Online re-enrollment begins February 1, 2013. Families will receive an invitation email with secure access to their child(ren)'s contract or click here to access the online service directly. (You will need your access code provided in the email.) If you have any questions, please contact Linda Shropshire at email@example.com or 617-630-4521. Tuition deposits may be paid online by check or credit card (remaining tuition amounts due may only be paid by check or through FACTS management). Enrollment contracts and tuition deposits are due on or before March 1, 2013.
Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston is committed to making a day school education financially accessible to all of its families.
Each family’s financial situation is unique. Please review the chart to determine which program is likely to be the best fit for your family. Descriptions, applications and instructions for each program are listed below the chart.
Please contact us to determine which plan is best for your family.
Financial Assistance Programs
- Traditional Financial Aid grant program is for families who cannot meet the full tuition obligation and need the maximum possible tuition reduction. The traditional financial aid grant application process is confidential and personalized. Click here for instructions and other information needed to process the application. Application deadline: February 15, 2013.
- iCap Tuition program is designed to enable families to anticipate their maximum future tuition obligation and confidently enroll their children at Schechter year after year, regardless of the number of children in each family. iCap is available for families with income between $250,000 and $400,000 and assets (excluding equity on primary residence and retirement accounts) must be less than $350,000. Families that received Quick Track tuition credits in 2012-2013 should complete this application. Click here for instructions and other information needed to process the application. Application deadline: February 15, 2013.
- Discover Schechter grant program is available for new families with children entering in any grade, an adjusted gross income less than $400,000 per year and asets below $350,000 (excluding home equity and retirement accounts. This grant contiues for each child's first three years at Schechter as long as your family continues to qualify. Click here for instructions and other information needed to process the application. Application deadline: February 15, 2013.
- CJP Discover Day School Grant program is in a new family attending a Jewish Day School in Greater Boston. This grant program offers qualifying families the lesser of $6,000 or 25% of day school tuition for the first child entering grades K - 8. The grant continues for two subsequent years. To determine whether or not you qualify for this grant, and to complete the online application, please visit: http://www.discoverdayschool.org. Please note this program is administered by Combined Jewish Philanthropies and is subject to its eligibility requirements. Application deadline: March 8, 2013.
For more information on our Tuition Affordability Programs please contact Linda Shropshire in our Business Office:
Individual links to forms listed in the instruction for Traditional Financial Aid
Parents interested in forming carpools or joining an existing carpool may call the Admission Office for information. The City of Newton provides bus transportation to Newton students. Van transportation is currently available at a fee for students living in Brookline and Metrowest area communities.