Welcome to the Parent Association!
What is the PA all about?
The PA is comprised of SSDS parents who enjoy working together to create community for ourselves and to support the school in many ways. The mission of the Parent Association is to:
- Promote the mission of the school
- Foster community
- Raise funds to enrich the curriculum by providing special programs beyond the school budget
- Facilitate communication among the parents, administration and Board
- Identify opportunities for parent participation in the school
- Respond to the needs of parents facing issues of raising children in a Jewish environment
- Provide social gatherings (with and without children)
- Recognize faculty effort
- Give gifts to the school
How do we enrich the school?
The PA leadership, as representatives of the parent body, works to strengthen the communication and coordination between the parents and the school. PA leaders serve as ears for parents and meet with the administration on a regular basis to discuss concerns and objectives of the parent community. One of the Co-Chairs represents the PA on the SSDS Board of Trustees and attends monthly Board meetings.
The PA raises funds from its dues and a variety of sales throughout the year. These funds enrich the school’s curriculum by bringing Creative Arts programming to each grade level. Funds are also used for special gifts to the school.
The PA builds community by providing welcoming gifts to new families, supporting grade level programs, and sponsoring a Faculty Appreciation Luncheon. The PA’s capital gifts and annual contributions provide substantial support to the school toward the fulfillment of its mission.
Current Schechter Parents
PA programs are planned according to the interest and needs of parents and students, and are made possible by the efforts of many volunteers. Participation in PA activities is a great way to become involved in the Schechter community. Log on to the Parent area of this website for information on How to Get Involved.